header text

no matter what the road block in life, a great recipe can get you back to the bright side

Wednesday 7 April 2010

Wednesday = Spaghetti with asparagus, mint and chilli

I've just recently started eating pasta again, but I didn't want to go back into just eating the same ol plain spaghetti with a heated up jar of tomato sauce poured on it. I wanted something more interesting, healthier and lighter. I found this recipe in a fantastic vegetarian recipe magazine. It was absolutely lovely, but I think next time I'll use half the amount of chilli.




Ingredients:
400g spaghetti (I bought whole wheat pasta)
80ml extra virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (as I said, next time I'll do half a chilli)
400g asparagus, thinly sliced
handful fresh mint leaves
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
grated parmesan cheese

1) Cook the spaghetti in a pot of salted water until al dente. When you drain it, leave about a 1/2 cup of water in the pot for use later.

2) Meanwhile heat the olive oil in a pan and start to fry the garlic and chill on a medium heat. After 30 seconds add the asparagus and cook for about 1-2mins until bright green and still crisp. Add the reserved pasta cooking water and simmer for 30 seconds.

3) Add the pasta to the pan and the mint. Mix it up, season to taste and plate up. Then sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on top.

Et voila! C'est yum yum! :)

3)

No comments: