header text

no matter what the road block in life, a great recipe can get you back to the bright side

Sunday 21 August 2011

Strawberry Chocolate Nachos

strawberries.

chocolate.

nachos.

need i say more.....?

I can't for the life of me remember where on the interwebs I first saw this idea. I have to admit that I peruse way to many food blogs, recipe sites and general sites that I can't recall where this wonderful gem came from but I knew that I had to try it and share it with the everyone I know!

Not only did this end up being one of the simplest and most scrumptious desserts I have ever had, it was also a lot of fun to eat! Delightfully messy, just ask Justin, he ended up with chocolate all over his face :)

Ingredients:
flour tortilla wraps
cinnamon
brown sugar
white sugar
strawberries
plain chocolate
butter

Method to the madness:

1) Melt some butter in the microwave and brush it onto the wraps. Then mix together some cinnamon and brown sugar, then sprinkle it over the wraps.


2) Using a pizza cutter, cut the wraps into little slices. Place the fajitas on baking sheets and bake them in the oven until golden brown.

3) Cut up the strawberries and mix in a little spoonful of white sugar, leave it to sit until you get a lovely syrup. Melt about half a bar of plain chocolate in a bowl over a pot of bowling water.

4) Then start to plate up! First put the fajitas on a plate, then put the strawberries on top. Then drizzle over the melted chocolate.
according to Justin these taste like cinnamon toast crunch cereal!







Enjoy!!! mmmmmmmmm


x

Listening to: the new Pitbull Album! *Pause*

Linked: 
The Sweet Details

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow!
I can't think of anything else to say...

Wow!

Julie said...

These look really good, I will have to try these.

gloriousleigh said...

Wow is a good way to describe how simply tasty they were!