header text

no matter what the road block in life, a great recipe can get you back to the bright side

Sunday 21 December 2014

Easy Peasey Choccy Fudgey


I'm a baaaaaack. Well, for how long I do not know, but I am aiming to get back into this and start posting some GLORIOUS eats with you again. 

So why not start with a bang and some fantabulous chocolate fudge?! I have to say I cannot take any credit for this recipe - it comes originally via Carnation (https://www.carnation.co.uk/Recipes/64/Easy-Chocolate-Fudge).....but I will say it's one of the easiest fudge recipes ever. And it's bloody delicious!

So every year at Christmas it's kind of a family tradition to do some Christmas baking to share with friends/family. Having very little time on my hands recently to get stuck into proper baking I decided I would try making a new fudge recipe. I had a weekly group coming up at work and I wanted to provide the folks with some treats, I also had our annual ball hockey Christmas Do and so I thought well why not go all out??!

This recipe has very few steps and requires very little ingredients (unless you're like me and you choose to make a triple batch which led to the purchasing of 1200g of chocolate.....yeah....that was a lot of chocolate!). 

Without further ado...here we go! Scroll all the way down to see pictures of my attempt..it was without a doubt...glorious.


Easy Peasey Choccy Fudgey

What ya needing?
  • 400g dark or milk chocolate (about 50% cocoa solids)
  • 397g can Carnation Condensed Milk
  • 25g butter
  • 100g icing sugar
  • 55g roasted chopped nuts or other decorative items- I used edible metallic covered chocolate baubles and also some silver & gold edible dust (optional)
You will also need...
20cm square tin, lined with baking parchment



What ya gonna do with it all?

1. Break or chop the chocolate into small chunks and place in a non-stick saucepan with the condensed milk and butter. Melt the ingredients gently over a low-medium heat, stirring occasionally until smooth and silky. (Alternatively melt in the microwave in 10-20 second bursts, stirring frequently). 

*At this point all you will want to do is eat the entire pot with a spoon.......the temptation is great!


2. Sieve in the icing sugar and mix thoroughly (you can use an electric whisk if you like-but then you miss out on the possibility of getting your fingers covered in chocolate ...you know....for taste testing later). Press the fudge into the tin, smooth over the top with the back of a spoon. Press the nuts/decoration into the surface, if using.


3. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour until set, cut into squares. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks (it won't last that long anyway, trust me).

*I brushed the metallic dust on after it set but before I cut it into squares. 


Tips & Tricks
For best results use chocolate with 45-50% cocoa solids. Try adding nuts, fruit or finishing with glitter or silver balls!


I added a little personal touch to each Christmas parcel 

In the end, over 100 pieces of fudge in a triple batch!

EXTREME FUDGE CLOSE-UP

Droooooool

Assembly line....

Portioned out

Ready for delivery.....

Fudgerator......



No comments: