I made this for supper tonight, it was AWESOME!!!!!
Falafel and Halloumi Burgers
* 2 x 400g tins chickpeas , drained
* 2 tsp ground cumin
* 1 tsp ground coriander
* 2 green chillies , chopped
* 2 garlic cloves
* ½ a small bunch spring onions
* 1 tsp salt flakes
* 2 tbsp plain flour
* 1 pack halloumi cheese , diced
* pitta bread to serve
* houmous to serve (i used a lime & coriander houmous)
* Little Gem lettuce to serve
1. Put the first 9 ingredients in a food processor and whizz until broken down. Tip into a bowl, mix in the halloumi, and form into 6 burgers. You can either cook these in a frying pan with a little olive oil until golden or BBQ for 2-3 minutes each side (just brush with oil beforehand to stop them sticking).
2. Serve in grilled pittas with houmous and lettuce.
Tip - I also put in one egg after the halloumi to help bind the ingredients together.