header text

no matter what the road block in life, a great recipe can get you back to the bright side

Wednesday 3 March 2010

Pause

I'm going to precede this post by saying that I know vegetarianism isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle. I will say that I know there are obese vegetarians out there or thin vegetarians that eat poorly. But, I need to cut some fat out of my diet and I'm thinking that cutting out some meat will help that along. Because not only is there a lot of fat in meat (especially the deep red variety) but also what goes into cooking meat often requires a lot of cooking oil.



So, I think I'm going to cut meat out of my diet for a wee bit and see if it helps. I also like the challenge of creating purely vegetarian meals, with the occasional fish/seafood ingredient. Think of it as a little experiment...I'm finally back into the gym after falling ill with the flu and chest cold so I'm thinking that a full lifestyle change is in order. I'm also going to have to get over my dislike for paying a fortune for soups and salads when I eat out, knowing I can pay the same price and get much much more so there's of course a psychological element. Can I eat out with friends and not feel bad paying an extortionate amount of money on a simple salad I could have made at home.

I've also really enjoyed meatless dishes that I have cooked, whether they are with meat substitutes such as quorn beef chilli or entirely devoid of 'meaty-ness'.

I'll let you know how things go, I think I might even keep a diary of what I eat each day to keep myself in check and make sure I'm meeting my daily intake requirements. Of course I won't bore you and publicise the diary here, but I'll certainly post some interesting recipes if I feel them to be noteworthy.

Now to break this news to Justin...

No comments: